Monday 27 January 2014

Logo Design Process

Peeps, I know its been a long time coming, but I'm looking to be more regular this year.

As you may or may not know, I have joined forces with my brother's publishing imprint - Bolt Comics.

For more info about current products you can go here:

boltcomics.net

The big news for me since I last blogged is that my first full length comic, title 'A Brigands Tale' is more than half way done, and will be completed hopefully by the end of February.

So to celebrate, I thought I would go through how the logo for the title was created.

I decided it would not be a good use of my time to DIY a logo, so I got letterer extraordinaire Nic J Shaw to design one for me.

It started with a basic idea:



I had told Nic what the basic feel of the book was and from there he created some options:



From there I decided on the final design, Nick asked me to give him the Hunter's Guild Logo, so I whipped this up in Powerpoint:


Leaving us with the fabulous finished product below:

Nick worked super-fast and the whole thing took about 4 days with back & forth emails etc.

If I had to do it myself, it would have taken me hours, and given me less time to work on my comic.

Sometimes it pays to get someone else to do stuff, especially if they are better at it than you! 

Apart from being in high demand for his lettering skills, Nick is just about to launch a free webcomic that he  is writing called "Action Johnson" its coming real soon go to actionjohnson.com for more info.

As always I welcome any comments or questions you may have!

You can follow me on Twitter here:  @TheDanTribe 

A Brigands Tale and distinctive likenesses thereof  are Trademark & copyright Daniel Tribe.




No comments:

Post a Comment